A room-temperature, powder compaction device that is ideal for
cold pressing powders for crystal growth experiments, target
pellets, and densified metallic oxide precusors.
- Compact upright
design conserves benchspace and is readily moved from storage
to work area.
- Pressure range to 500 psi, pressure precision
of 1% full scale.
- Ambient Temperature. Fast, simple sample
- Stainless steel Swagelock fittings and valves.
- Flexible sample
container size is a 1 cm diameter cylinder to lengths of
- Water confining-medium means operation and sample recovery
is safe, clean and simple.
- Compressed air pump (standard
equipment) or hand-operated pump (optional).
- Time required
for pressing is on the order of minutes.
- Material cost per
pressing (excluding sample), is less than $5.
- Very little
training is required to operate the equipment.